Technology seems to move on rapidly – if it's on the shelves today it's almost already out of date!
So with a nod to nostalgia, let's take a look back at those items that seemed so futuristic and cutting-edge at the time.
• First released on sale in 1979, the Sony Walkman was small enough o carry around and trendy enough to use in public! Who remembers the yellow waterproof model?
• Before touch screens there were buttons on telephones – and even further back there circular dials with each number corresponding to a finger hole.
• Invented in the 1860s, typewriters allowed us to type documents quickly and easily without electricity. Sadly, no match for word processors or PCs.
• VHS tapes enabled us to store about 5 hours of footage from the television during the 70s and 80s. Even though this JVC format overcame the Betamax option, its popularity reduced with the arrival of optical storage media such as DVDs.
• Pagers revolutionised communication when they came onto the market in the early 90s. They allowed individuals to receive messages before texting. They are still used today in some restaurants to let customers know that their table or order is ready.
• The Polaroid OneStep Instant camera allowed photographers to see their pictures almost instantly. I had one and I loved it!
• The standalone answering machine became popular in the 60s and used magnetic tape to store voice messages. They are now more commonly integrated into wireless phones or have been replaced by a voicemail service.
Whether you are old enough or not to remember these devices, they would surely seem totally alien to anyone under the age of fifteen. The Internet, though, is something that we ALL use regularly – to shop, to find out about services nearby or to research products we are interested in buying.
If you are in business here in Spain and feel that you need extra help to maximise your digital presence, then take the first step and contact the team at EWNGetsIt.com. Call today on 952 561 245 and find out how being part of Spain's newest and brightest online directory can help your product or service be found online.
EWNGETSIT.com is the newest and brightest professional online business directory for any business based in Spain. Not only does this Spanish business directory attract clients to you, it is backed up by the power of the Euro Weekly News media group.
EuroWeeklyNews, Spain´s biggest English newspaper, with six newspapers read by half a million people every week; together with the EuroWeeklyNews website packed full of Spanish news, point directly to this site, guaranteeing plenty of online interest for our clients.
We offer flexibility and can tailor listings to individual business needs. You may enter your business into several categories to increase your business opportunities.
We offer ongoing support ensuring you are always in control of the information in the listings for an annual fixed fee. Professional business listing service by EWN Group.
To make sure your business is listed into the best business directory Spain, and guarantee top search engine results, please contact us for more information.